Lighthouse Church International - Statement of Faith
- We believe in one God (Deuteronomy 6:4), the Creator (Genesis 1:1) and Sustainer (Hebrews 1:3) of all things, who is eternal (Deuteronomy 33:27), all- knowing (1 John 3:20), all-present (Psalm 139:7-10) and all powerful (Matthew 19:26), and who alone is worthy to receive the worship of His creatures (Revelation 5:3-12). We believe God is eternally existent in three persons- the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit (Matthew 28:19).
- We believe Jesus Christ is the Son of God (Acts 8:37),and is both fully God and fully man (John 1:14) .We believe He was conceived by the Holy Spirit and born of the virgin Mary (Luke 1:34-35), lived a perfect sinless life (Hebrews 4:15), was crucified dead and buried (John 19:18 , 30-42), descended into Hell (1 Peter 3:18-19), raised bodily on the third day (1 Corinthians 15:4), ascended into heaven ( Acts 1:11), enthroned as Lord and Saviour at Gods right hand (Acts 5:31) and continue in His high priestly intercessory ministry (Hebrews 7:24-25), and will return in person, power and glory (Mark 13:26).
- We believe that the Holy Spirit, the third person of the Trinity has been and continues to be poured by God (Acts 2:17) to impart revelation of Jesus Christ (John 15:26), convict the world of sin, righteousness and judgment (John16:8), guide the saints to live godly lives (John 16:13) and empowers the Church to preach the Gospel and to be His witnesses (Acts 1:8).
- We believe that the Bible is God- inspired, infallible, inerrant and the only authority in all matters of faith and conduct (2 Timothy 3:16).
- We believe all have sinned and come short of the glory of God (Romans 3:23).
- We believe that salvation of humanity is possible only through the merits of the shed blood of the Lord Jesus Christ (1 Peter 1:18-19), received by faith apart from works (Ephesians 2:8-9).
- We believe that all who truly believe in Jesus Christ form one body, the Church (1Corinthians 1:2).
- We believe that Jesus Christ is coming again in power and glory to judge the living and the dead (Matthew 26:64), raising the saved to a resurrection of life and the lost to a resurrection of judgment (John 5:28,29),after which He will create a new heaven and a new earth in which righteousness will rule and wickedness will be no more (Revelation 21:1-5), in which all who have believed in Him will live and reign forever (Revelation 22:5).
- We believe that Water Baptism and the Lords Supper are ordinances to be observed in the Church by all who have received Jesus Christ as their personal Savior and Lord. (Matthew 28: 19-20; Luke 22:19).
- We believe that the biblical institution of marriage is between one naturally born man and one naturally born woman, to the exclusion of all others (Matthew 19:5).